About COMKAT R4.1b
COMKAT R4.1b is released in Jul 2017. It is a beta release version of COMKAT based on R4.1a.
This alpha version is now in the trial stage. Please report bugs to us  and help us make COMKAT better.
COMKAT on MATLAB
OS: Mac OS (64-bit only) and Windows.
MATLAB: As the mex files are compiled under different versions of MATLAB, COMKAT on different platforms requires different MATLAB release.
- Windows: MATLAB R2006a and above
- Windows 64-bit: MATLAB R2008a and above
- Mac OS 64-bit: MATLAB R2008a and above
1. Display/handle data with multiple bands (the fifth dimension). This can be used to view an image volume data set collected with several MR sequences .
2. K-means & Fuzzy C-means analysis.
3. DICOM images import and export functions.
4. Import a matrix or an ImageVolumeData (IVD) object from the MATLAB Workspace .
5. Export Image to Matlab Workspace.
6. MR phase unwrapping algorithm.
8. Some useful tools:
- Fast slice viewing sliders.
- Match IVD centers.
- Temporarily save and retrieve view orientation and position.
9. Save VOI masks.
10. Automatic image registration.
11. New colormap options:
- PinkGreen (float)
12. Improve the performance of VOI display
13. Misc bug fixes.
COMKAT on MATLAB
To install COMKAT to your system, follow these steps.
1. Download COMKAT_R4.1b.zip from http://comkat.case.edu
2. Unzip it to your computer.
3. Set up search path for COMKAT. You may do either of the following:
(1) Automatic (recommended): Open MATLAB, run 'SetComkatPath.m' under the COMKAT root folder.
(2) Manual: You may set up the paths manually. First, open MATLAB and go to File -> Set Path. Click 'Add folder' and select the following folders.